Position: Insurance Advisor (Personal Lines)
Posting date: November 10, 2016
Update Dec.9, 2016: POSTING CLOSED. We are no longer accepting applications at this time. Successful candidates will be contacted directly.
Company: ARC Insurance Brokers Corp.
$40,000 - $50,000 salary w/ benefits.
We're expanding again! ARC Insurance Brokers is a a full-service, independent insurance brokerage located in Edmonton, Alberta. We pride ourselves in having an open work environment filled with professionals that are dedicated to helping businesses and individuals evaluate their risks and manage their insurance needs.
As an insurance broker, you will be responsible for providing professional, accurate, efficient, and courteous advice to all clients.
We are offering:
- Starting salary: $40k to $45k for applicants with less than 1 year of general insurance experience, $45k to $50k for applicants with more general insurance experience.
- Benefits: paid vacations, education & training, 50% employer contribution to company health plan after probationary period.
- A permanent full-time career at our Edmonton office located at 12758 82 ST NW. Our office is open 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Being a part of a passionate team that wants the best for our clients.
- A challenging environment that will involve managing many different types of files and dealing with a wide variety of people on a daily basis.
- No cold-calling or high pressure sales of any kind.
What we are looking for:
- We're a small office, and a tight-knit team. Our employee retention is high, and most of the agents that initially obtained an insurance license with our brokerage is still with the company today.
- We're problem solvers. Many of the agents in our office didn't start in insurance but rather had post-secondary degrees in completely different fields - Chemistry, Finance, Comp. Sci. - even Law. The agents that are successful in our company all share a common theme - we like to find the best solutions for complex problems with many variables and sometimes imperfect information.
- We embrace change. The concept of insurance may date back hundreds of years, but insurance technology has evolved rapidly in the last decade. We are constantly refining and retooling the way we approach client needs, and this has helped us stay competitive in today's ever-changing landscape. Successful agents in our company tend to be very proficient with computer applications and self-motivated to master new skills.
What we are looking for:
- Candidates with very strong English communication, problem-solving, and customer relations skills. A solid customer service background is an asset.
- Strong computer skills are essential; high level of accuracy, adaptability to change, ability to learn new programs quickly as well as superior keyboarding skills are essential.
- Typically, a minimum level 1 General Insurance License and some related experience is required, although exceptionally qualified candidates may be considered if they have at minimum a degree, a strong customer service background and excellent computer skills. For the right candidate, we are willing to cover training and insurance licensing from scratch with paid salary from day one. For applicants without a current General Insurance License, a completed post-secondary degree is absolutely required.
How to Apply:
***Update Dec.9, 2016: POSTING CLOSED. We are no longer accepting applications at this time. Successful candidates will be contacted directly.
Please email resume as well as availability and salary expectations to:
Please make sure to write a few words telling us a bit more about yourself and explaining why you will be an excellent fit for our team.
Due to volume of applications, only candidates under consideration will be contacted (typically within 3 business days). Thank you for your consideration and best of luck!