As providers of health services, employees of the health and wellness field face a particularly unique situation in which their interaction with clients and patients is very physical and hands-on. For this reason, these health care professionals need specialized insurance to protect them against issues such as abuse and malpractice allegations as well as confidentiality breaches and negligence.
ARC Insurance can provide an insurance policy to protect health care professionals.
Anyone in the health and wellness field are vulnerable to allegations or legitimate occurrences of error, malpractice or injury. These events may lead to lawsuits against the individual and company. Health and wellness business insurance ensures that owners and individuals, as well as clients and patients, are protected.
What does Health and Wellness Business Insurance Cover?
Apart from covering owners and employees, health and wellness business insurance will also cover company property in the event of theft, loss or damage. This includes all business-related equipment, products and records. A health and wellness business insurance policy will also offer 3rd party liability should a non-employed individual suffer an injury while on the business’ property.
Overall, health and wellness business insurance protects against:
- Professional liability due to negligence or error
- Unintentional breach of confidentiality
- Allegations of sexual harassment or abuse
- Liability on health care products used or sold
Who Does Health and Wellness Business Insurance Apply To?
Health and wellness business insurance applies to all individuals who own a business in the healthcare field.
This includes (but it not limited to):
- Registered massage therapists (RMT)
- Physical therapists
- Personal trainers
- Fitness instructors
- Yoga instructors
- Mental health practitioners
- Personal support workers (PSW)
Don’t see your profession listed? Not sure if your business require health and wellness insurance? Contact ARC Insurance today and we can help!
How Much Does Health and Wellness Business Insurance Cost?
The cost of a health and wellness business insurance policy depends on:
- The operation or clinic size.
- The location of the clinic or office.
- The experience and training/education of the employees.
- Past insurance history (specifically if any claims against the company have been made in the past).
Contact ARC Insurance Brokers today to get started on your health and wellness business insurance policy.