Hair salons, barbers, and hair stylists are one of the most common salon and spa services. Most people will use these types of services at some point in their lives. Sharp tools along with bleach, colour, and other potentially harmful chemicals can create an injury-heavy environment for customers and employees alike.
Common hair salon-related claims include:
- Allergic reactions
- Personal injury (both customers and employees)
- Vandalism and property damage
Not every hair salon is the same. They can include large operations with multiple stylists and services, smaller barber shops offering hair-specific services, and one-chair independent salons. These businesses all require different levels of coverage to meet their specific needs.
ARC Insurance Brokers offers customizable insurance packages to hair salons and barber shops throughout the Edmonton area.
Our coverage options include:
- General liability coverage: ecessary for every type of business, general liability protects you in case of injuries such as slips and falls, as well as accidental property damage.
- Professional liability coverage: This coverage is more in-depth and protects you in case of claims related to negligence based on your specific services and industry (ie. allergic reactions or burns)
- Contents insurance: Hair stylists have an assortment of tools they need to do their jobs including scissors, hair clippers, brushes, blow dryers, straighteners, curling irons, and more. These tools are valuable and expensive to replace. Ensure that they’re covered in case of theft, vandalism, or fire.
- Business income insurance: Fires, vandalism, or theft can leave your business closed for weeks or even months. Meanwhile, bills and wages still need to be paid. Business income insurance helps to cover these ongoing expenses as well as account for lost profits while your business is unable to operate.
- Commercial vehicle insurance:: Some hair stylists offer mobile service, traveling to their client’s location to provide their services. For some salons, this is their entire business model. In this case, commercial vehicle insurance is a must.
Does your hair salon offer spa services as well? Be sure to view our coverage options for salons and spas!
Hair salon owners have enough to worry about already. Let ARC Insurance Brokers help create a policy that works for your business. Our team has years of experience working with salons and barber shops in the Edmonton market to make sure they have the coverage they need.
Get started with a hair salon insurance quote, or contact our team today to learn more about our commercial insurance coverage options.