Position: Insurance Advisor (Personal Lines)
Posting date: June 8, 2021
We’re expanding again! ARC Insurance Brokers is a a full-service, independent insurance brokerage located in Edmonton, Alberta. We pride ourselves in having an open work environment filled with professionals that are dedicated to helping businesses and individuals evaluate their risks and manage their insurance needs.
As an insurance broker, you will be responsible for providing professional, accurate, efficient, and courteous advice to all clients.
We are offering:
- Benefits: full education & training, flexible/work-from-home options available, paid vacations, 50% employer contribution to company health plan after probationary period.
- A permanent full-time career at one of our Edmonton offices. Our office is open 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Mondays through Fridays.
- Being a part of a passionate team that wants the best for our clients.
- A challenging environment that will involve managing many different types of files and dealing with a wide variety of people on a daily basis.
- No cold-calling or high pressure sales of any kind.
Who we are:
- We’re a small office, and a tight-knit team. Our employee retention is high, and most of the agents that initially obtained an insurance license with our brokerage are still with the company today.
- We only promote from within. All of our managers – including the CEO – started in this role, as a broker.
- We’re problem solvers. Many of the agents in our office didn’t start in insurance but rather had post-secondary degrees in completely different fields – Chemistry, Finance, Comp. Sci. – even Law. The agents that are successful in our company all share a common theme – we like to find the best solutions for complex problems with many variables and sometimes imperfect information.
- We embrace change. The concept of insurance may date back hundreds of years, but insurance technology has evolved rapidly in the last decade. We are constantly refining and retooling the way we approach client needs, and this has helped us stay competitive in today’s ever-changing landscape. Successful agents in our company tend to be very proficient with computer applications and self-motivated to master new skills.
What we are looking for:
- A strong work ethic – in a small office, your effort and progress will be easily noticed.
- Advanced keyboarding skills and computer savvy are essential as well as accuracy, adaptability to change, and ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Candidates with very strong English communication, problem-solving, and customer relations skills. A solid customer service background is an asset.
- Typically, a minimum level 1 General Insurance License and some related experience is required, although exceptionally qualified candidates may be considered if they have at minimum a degree, a strong customer service background and excellent computer skills. For the right candidate, we are willing to cover training and insurance licensing from scratch with full-time salary from day one. For applicants without a current General Insurance License, a completed post-secondary degree is absolutely required.
How to Apply:
Please email resume as well as availability and salary expectations to:
email@example.com attention: Hiring Manager
Please make sure to write a few words telling us a bit more about yourself and explaining why you will be an excellent fit for our team.
Due to volume of applications, only candidates under consideration will be contacted (typically within 3 business days). Thank you for your consideration and best of luck!