Our Alberta insurance providers offer fast and caring claims service, 24 hours a day, to respond to your needs as quickly as possible.
Use the resources below to find emergency phone numbers for various Alberta insurers and information on how to file Alberta accident claims and property claims 24/7, as well as other tools and information.
To report a non-emergency claim using our online form, click the button below:
REPORT A CLAIM
You can also contact your broker during business hours to report your claim.
First Steps After a Loss
1. Always protect yourself: Your safety is number one; make sure that you and your family are out of harm’s way before worrying about your property. If medical attention is required, call 911 immediately. Assess the situation and your surroundings, and be alert for anything that can cause you injury.
2. Contact your agent or broker. Here are some good questions to ask:
- Is the type of damage you’ve suffered covered under the terms of your policy?
- How long do you have to file a notice of claim?
- Do you need to file a police report?
- What is the deductible on your policy for the type of loss that has occurred? (The deductible is the amount of loss you must pay before insurance kicks in)
- How long will it take to process the claim?
- Will you need to get estimates for repairs?
3. Record the damage: If you have a cellphone that can take pictures or a camera, take a few pictures of the damaged property. This can help substantiate the loss later.
4. Make temporary repairs: Take reasonable steps to protect your property from further damage. Temporary repairs to prevent further loss are often covered as part of insurance settlements, so remember to save receipts. Be careful, however – only do what is necessary to prevent further loss and try not to make extensive permanent repairs until an adjuster or appraiser has assessed the damage.
Even a minor fender bender can be an emotional experience, but your claims process shouldn’t be. Learn more about how our partners are there for you when you need us most.